Just Before Help Arrives..
When it comes to fire and smoke mitigation, you are advised to take quick action to contact your nearest SERVPRO Franchise professionals. By doing this you get to reduce the amount of secondary, ensure a faster and easier cleanup and also lower claim cost.
In case of any limitation from doing this, there are some measures you can take.
Here is a list of do’s and don’ts:
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpet.
- Keep hands clean. Soot on hands can further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator completely and prop doors open to help prevent odor
- Wipe soot from chrome on kitchen and bathroom faucets, trims and appliances.
- Wash both sides of leaves on houseplants.
- Change the HVAC filter but leave the system off until a professional can check the system.
1.Attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces without first contacting SERVPRO Franchise Professional.
2.Attempt to shampoo carpet or upholstered furniture without first consulting an authorized water repair service.
3.Consume any food or beverage that may have been stored close to fire heat or water.
4.Turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet. Wiring may be wet or damaged and cause electric shock
5.Send garments to the dry cleaner for proper cleaning.