Smoke and Soot Cleanup
Smoke and soot are very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your residential or commercial spaces, causing evident damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allow us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan to remediate.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. This also means there are various kinds of soot residue when a fire damage occurs. In order to begin restoration, SERVPRO of East Concord/Brentwood will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The information provided after pretesting will determine the cleaning procedures to be performed. See below some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
We tailor a unique solution based on the cause and severity of the fire damage. We have the right equipment, products, and experience to restore your property.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – 925-420-5104